Data collectors/enumerators (14)
VVOB – education for development in Rwanda is recruiting Data collectors/enumerators
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education. VVOB, in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Training (MINEDUC), Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College for Education (UR-CE), implements the Multi-Year project “Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (LT2)/Umusemburo w’Ireme ry’Uburezi project” (2018-2021). This project aims at enhancing school leadership and to set up an induction system for new teachers.
The project is implemented in 14 districts (approx. 744 schools). School Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers, Mentor Teachers and STEM Subject Leaders will be enrolled as direct beneficiaries in Continuous Professional Development Courses on school leadership, coaching and mentoring and will engage in Professional Learning Communities (PLC) at the level of the administrative sector and in schools.
To measure the effectiveness of the interventions, to provide ongoing feedback to project implementers and to support continuous quality improvement, a Rapid Cycle Evaluation (RCE) is planned, blending quantitative and qualitative research approaches. In addition, and complementing the Rapid Cycle Evaluation, a particular learning question related to the Theory of Change underpinning the project will be explored in more depth.
VVOB is currently looking for 14 data collectors/enumerators to collect baseline survey data from approximately 260 schools in our implementing districts. Data collectors/enumerators will be trained in using tablets for data collection. Data collectors/enumerators will be based in the 14 districts and will report directly to the VVOB Quantitative Researcher. The implementing districts are: Gicumbi, Gisagara, Kamonyi, Karongi, Kayonza, Musanze, Ngororero, Nyabihu, Nyamasheke, Nyanza, Nyaruguru, Rubavu, Rusizi, Rwamagana.
Data collectors/enumerators are expected to collect quality data from schools in 14 implementing districts using tablets.
More specifically, (s)he is expected to:
- Take part in a one-day training in data collection using a tablet
- Plan and schedule data collection at schools
- Arrange for own transport to and from the schools
- Liaise on a regular basis about progress with the VVOB Quantitative Researcher and MEAL officer
- Collect quality data from schools and sectors
- Take part in a one-day evaluation workshop
- Available full time in the month of February
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Statistics or related field
- Must have previous “computer assisted” field data collection experience preferably using tablets
- Willing to work from one to max. two district and travel to nearby schools
- Must be available full-time in the month of February
- Good planning and communication skills
- Must be honest, diligent, energetic and hardworking
Contract type: Full-time, limited period
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda
Location: Data collectors/enumerators will be based in one of the 14 districts
Start date: Approximately 31st January 2019
How to apply
Electronic application only. Please submit a motivation letter indicating which district (max. 2 districts of preference) you would be working from and a current CV addressed to Nice Sheillah at Recruitment.Rwanda@vvob.be not later than Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 5PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More info:For more information contact email@example.com