Regional Finance and Admin Manage
Position:Regional Finance and Admin Manager – Sub Saharan Africa Hub
Application Deadline:31 January 2019
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise and train local Finance and Admin Officers (FAOs), and train local partners, to ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting;
- Assure complete administration on project & country level, in preparation of internal and external reporting;
- Prepare, maintain and review all country budgets;
- Prepare project reports, both internal and external, with as objective to provide management with input for information-based decision-making and to comply with donor requirements;
- Review instalment requests of partners and country offices, to assure compliance with budgets and reporting requirements;
- Oversee, review, control and first round of approval of all financial tasks within SPARK SSA Hub countries including the SPARK Country Monthly reports, checking all payments in the bookkeeping system, payment of staff salaries, etc. that are prepared by the countries FAOs.
- Ensure compliance with SPARK and donor policies;
- Liaise with HR from HQ, to implement the SPARK-wide HR policies and maintain an up to date HR Administration;
- Oversee local tax & Legal administration, in order to assure compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Responsible for preparation of designated project audits;
- Within the overall Internal Control Framework of SPARK, design and implement procedures and processes to strengthen internal controls in the regional office in collaboration with HQ Finance;
- Develop and conduct training to build the capacity of local FAOs and partners in drafting activity budgets, financial reporting and other financial matters;
- Be the main contact for financial matters in the respective countries and to the Finance department of SPARK HQ for matters in the region;
- Reports to Head of Finance in Amsterdam (hierarchical) and the Regional Programme Director SSA-Hub (functional).
Requirements and competencies
- 10 years at senior level in finance responsibilities for an International NGO’s
- Essential: BA/BSc level education in Finance, Accounting or related field. Desirable: MA/MSc level education
- Experience in and knowledge of developing / maintaining (Financial) Internal control and risk management concepts and systems;
- Experience with giving & developing trainings;
- Used to project-based working;
- Working-experience in (post) conflict areas is highly desirable;
- Experience with preparation of external audits is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of international accounting standards for the NGO-sector; donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds;
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems, complex spreadsheets and database software, general record keeping and filing systems and bookkeeping systems;
- Knowledge of applicable local laws and regulations (income-, business taxes, etc.);
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness;
- Ability to detect errors and Proven experience in risk management;
- Excellent communication and social skills and ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment with high sensitivity and respect for cultural diversity;
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English; Good oral and written language skills in French is desirable; Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus;
- Good team worker while able to work independently and under pressure, determine work priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Accurate, structured and precise;
- Responsible, honest, high energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- Willing and able to travel to the regional countries if safety allows
- We are welcoming all nationalities to apply as long as you have a work permit for Rwanda
- A dynamic position in an international environment;
- Contract for 40 hours/week for 1 year with possibility for extension;
- Based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org. If interested, please send your letter of motivation (including an expected salary indication) and your CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org up and until 31 January 2019. Reference: Regional Financial Manager SPARK Rwanda. All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline.
For questions about the vacancy, please contact email@example.com reference; Regional Financial Manager SPARK Rwanda or call +250 788 760 680.
Due to a large volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant. After the deadline for application we will screen all applications and will invite selected applicants for the first round of interviews. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
For more information,please visit http://www.spark-online.org/get-involved/vacancies/regional-finance-and-admin-manager-sub-saharan-africa-hub/