Accounting Associate Job at ANDELA - Career Opportunity in Rwanda
Overview Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Accounting/ Finance
Deadline of this Job: 14th April 2019
Duty Station: Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14th April 2019
Kigali , Rwanda , East Africa , 00100 , RW
Date Posted: 25th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 200000 , Minimum: 140000 , Maximum: 600000 , Period: MONTH
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali. Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Role
To ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, processing of purchase orders and filing of statutory returns. You will report to the senior accountant..
• Review transactions for completeness, accuracy, proper documentation and approvals prior to processing.
• Preparation of the weekly cash flow plan
• Review quotations & and assist the procurement team to process purchase orders.
• Manage the fixed asset register by ensuring monthly update and reconciliation.
• Ensure timely posting of both recurring/non-recurring journals and cash book entries into the accounting system.
• Ensuring timely posting of invoices and processing of payments to suppliers
• Manage the office petty cash.
• Assist the senior accountant in timely close of the monthly accounts
• Work with the senior accountant to ensure statutory returns (WHT, WHVAT, VAT, Income Tax, PAYE, RSSB and MLB) are filed accurately and before cut off dates.
• Maintain a proper manual and electronic filing system.
• Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for maintaining the efficient flow of all financial transactions.
• Assist during audits both internal and external.
• Perform other duties as and when required by the senior accountant.
The ideal candidate for the role MUST have experience with the following:
• University degree. A CPA will be an added advantage
• At least 2 years’ overall experience in a similar role, audit experience will be an advantage
• Proficiency in ERP software
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
Benefits & Compensation
• Full-time compensation
• Full medical coverage
• Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
• Beautiful working environment
• Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
• Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Job application procedure