Child Protection Information Management Intern
Child Protection Information Management (CPIMS) Intern
The role of the CP Information Management intern is to support the establishment of information management systems in areas in support of projects to address the care and protection needs of separated, unaccompanied and other vulnerable children. The CPIMS intern will be assisting the Data Entry focal person for managing data and analysis of information on individual cases. In close collaboration with the CPIMS Officer, Protection Coordinator, Child protection case workers and CP officers, and with technical support from the CPiE Manager, the CPIMS intern will ensure case management information is managed in order to facilitate case management service including alternative care arrangement and family tracing efforts.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience in data entry and child protection data management.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection.
- Solid work experience with databases, especially ACCESS, Excel, Word-processing and other computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in an emergency response and/or a refugee context.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to identify the main gaps in child protection in the given context to inform a holistic response for children.
- Experience in community mobilization and awareness raising activities
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience in training and capacity building and willingness to dedicate time and patience to developing others.
- Experience in working through consultative and participatory processes and ability to balance multiple competing interests to work towards a common goal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff to achieve results.
- A good level of written and spoken English/ Kirundi and Kinyarwanda.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of Child Rights and Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Contract length: 12 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae as a single document in English, including 3 names of professional referees.
A deadline for receiving applications is February 20th, 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Location: Kirehe, Rwanda
Internship – Full-Time
Closing date: Wednesday 20 February 2019
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
For more information,please visit https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/473