TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR HIRING AN EVENT MANAGER
The Economic Policy Research Network (EPRN-Rwanda) is organizing the 5th Annual Economic Research Conference which will take place on the 28th February, 2019 at Kigali Convention Center.
The conference will be organized under the theme “The African Continental Free Trade Area: Challenges and Opportunities” and is expected to bring together policy-makers, development partners, civil society, academia and the private sector discussing deeply intra-African trade.
In order to organize this conference, EPRN is seeking an experienced Event Manager to lead the planning and organization of the conference on a part-time basis.
2.Objective of the assignment
To plan and coordinate the activities related to the 5th EPRN Annual Economic Research Conference.
3.Terms of Reference
The Event Manager, with the assistance and input of EPRN’s team, will be responsible for the following activities;
- Take a lead in identifying partners for this conference (those accepting to co-sponsor the conference)
- Develop an activity plan for the conference and ensure every activity is carried out on time;
- Map out the potential participants, draft invitation letters, ensure they are sent out and make follow-ups to confirm participation of the invited participants;
- Work with design and printing services supplier to ensure the conference materials are well designed, printed and delivered;
- Follow-up on the conference venue;
- Provide Media Relations for the conference;
- Coordinate and Manage participants’ registration on the conference day;
4. Expected Deliverables
The Event Manager will be expected to deliver the following items:
- At least two partners accepting to co-sponsor the conference
- Conference activity plan and timeline;
- Draft Invitation Letter;
- Media Release;
- Conference attendance list;
- List of stories published on the conference;
5. Desired Profile of the Event Manager
- Having over 2 years’ experience in similar roles;
- Experience in media relations (Writing Press Release and Managing relationships with the press) and ample knowledge of the influential local media organizations;
- Excellent oral and written English. Kinyarwanda will be an added value;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Search Engine and Online communication;
- University qualification from a recognized university.
The Event Manager will report directly to the EPRN Coordinator.
7.Duration of Contract
The duration of the assignment is expected to last for 2 months starting from 25th January 2019.
EPRN will provide a basic lump sum payment which will be agreed upon between two parties, but in addition to this, the event manager shall get 20% of the net raised money to finance the conference activities (this will be calculated from the money which will be deposited to EPRN account only, not funds directly paid by partners to service providers).
9. Application process
Interested candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter, CV detailing their experience in conference management and coordination; and Financial offer (basic lump sum payment as highlighted on point 8 above) at EPRN office located at UR-CBE Gikondo (ex SFB) by not later than 23/01/2019, 5pm local time. Applications may also be sent through EPRN P.O. Box: 7375 Kigali-Rwanda until 23/01/2019, 1 p.m OR emailed to: [email protected] (please send all documents in PDF format and indicate “Application EPRN Conference Manager” in the email subject) by not later than 23/01/2019, 5pm local time.
For more information,please visit https://www.eprnrwanda.org/IMG/pdf/tors-_event_manager_eprn.pdf