Finance Manager Job at Uzima Chicken - Career Opportunity in Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
29th March 2019
Kigali , Rwanda , East Africa , 00250 , RW
Date Posted: 15th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 400000 , Minimum: 280000 , Maximum: 1200000 , Period: MONTH
We are looking for a reliable Finance Manager that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
• To manage the Company’s financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with long term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial controls and reporting mechanisms are in place.
• Supervise the recording of all transactions ensuring procedures of account recording, accuracy of information and completeness of information.
• To supervise the timely preparation of monthly financial accounts and projections and other relevant reports, in consultation with the other departments, for presentation to the Senior Management
• To prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process and liase with auditors and CFO prior to sign off.
• Carry our relevant financial evaluations on all projects, investments and operational changes for the purposes of advising the management team on the financial impact for decision making.
• To supervise the production of regular salary payments, PAYE, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with country statutes.
• To deal with the company’s banks in respect of payments and receipts, foreign currency rate and currency hedging negotiations.
• To ensure that all bank accounts statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled.
• To efficiently manage all external contracts, and to ensure that all the Company’s expenditure is correctly authorized and accounted for.
• To ensure the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
• To manage, in conjunction with HR to ensure staff records are in line with requirements.
• To manage team finance team and ensure team is appraised on performance on a regular basis
• To ensure that appropriate policies are in place with regard to procurement and tendering processes to secure the best deals for the company from service providers.
• To maintain a risk register, ensure that company legal responsibilities are met, in particular, that all necessary insurance is properly in place.
• To be responsible for data protection, registration, compliance, and fees in conjunction with the administration manager.
• To be responsible for the Company’s IT resources, maintaining and reviewing the most appropriate and efficient systems.
Education and Experience Required
• Proven experience as a Financial Manager
• Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
• Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
• Proficient user of finance software
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
• A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
• Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
• BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting
• Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their electronic application addressed to the HR Manager through the following e-mail addresses[email protected] and should attach:
• A cover letter with a statement an applicant’s interest in the given assignment
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Copies of academic & professional training certificates
The subject of the email should be a Finance Manager
Deadline for submission is on 15th – 29th March 2019 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time