HEALTH AND HYGIENE COORDINATOR FOR FOOD FOR EDUCATION PROJECT
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Health and Hygiene Coordinator. The position will be based at Huye District and reporting to the Education Manager for Food for Education Project.
Purpose of the position:
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate quality spiritual life that can be commendable to others.
The major responsibilities include:
- Plan, facilitate and conduct TOTs and capacity building trainings for health and hygiene volunteers and stakeholder and ensure its proper implementation;
- Follow up the implementation of health and hygiene activities;
- Initiate, plan and organize health and hygiene activities;
- Engage in assuring the sustainability of Health and hygiene projects by capacitating its committees, communities & other stakeholders;
- Identify and analyze Health and hygiene problems of the community and propose possible solutions for implementation;
- Assist the grant manager in networking on Health and hygiene links, particularly with the Government and Donor, and participate in meetings, workshops, conferences and seminars pertaining to health and hygiene change topics;
- Engage in the development of Health and hygiene concept notes and proposals;
- Prepare timely regular monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports of the program for the donor in respective zones;
- Produce and disseminate educational materials and promotional tools on health and hygiene-related topics and ensure harmonization with Government policies and procedures
- Engage in the preparation and contextualization of appropriate guidelines, designs, training manuals and standards on health and hygiene and update the same;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of health and hygiene programs;
- Engage in and ensure that appropriate coaching and mentoring are practiced for the health and hygiene facilitators to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability;
- Promote major cross-cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peacebuilding and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum Qualification required:
- SC in Environmental Health, Public health or related fields with 2 years experience.
- SC in Environmental Health, Public health or related fields with 0 yrs Experience.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Ability to demonstrate the following desired knowledge, skills, technical capacity and professional competency
- NGO experience preferred
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
N: B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected](no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is January 18, 2019; no late applications will be accepted
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
For more information,please visit https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda