Mental Health- EMR Data Office
Job Title: Mental Health- EMR Data Officer
Reports to: Mental Health Program Manager, HIS District Coordinator
Group/Department: Health Informatics
Partners in Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH/IMB) has worked in Rwanda since 2005, PIH/IMB began working in partnership with the Government of Rwanda to address the critical HIV/AIDS epidemic afflicting the population and to comprehensively strengthen the public health system in rural, underserved districts in Rwanda. PIH is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. The organization is taking on immense challenges, while its newfound visibility has brought the opportunity to influence even greater changes on the global stage, as the work continues to expand, PIH/IMB seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization to join the team (see PIH values) to join the team.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing high-level data support for the Mental Health program across the District.
Purpose of Job:
This position exists to ensure that Mental Health data in the EMR system are clean in their entirety, whilst data are collected and reportedaccurately and timely to support the Mental Health Program. The position will also provide feedback on areas of EMR improvement for optimal Mental Health patient care.
Mental Health-EMR data entry
- Oversee Mental Health data entry and ensure that all completed clinical forms from Mental Health clinic are entered into the EMR system no later than 3 days after patient consultation;
- Perform scheduled site visits to health facilities to ensure that data are entered appropriately in the EMR and cover any backlog. During visits, provide feedback to the Mental Health clinical regarding incomplete forms or data gaps and provide solutions for data resolution;
Mental Health- EMR data reporting
- Run and generate EMR reports (including consultation sheets) and queries for Mental Health program, as designed by the EMR programmers or requested by clinical/ EMR management;
- Send weekly status updates to the HIS District Coordinator;
- Work closely with the Mental Health and EMR teams on ensuring data quality, reporting, and efficient EMR use for Mental Healthprogram.
Reporting to supervisors
- Provide quarterly, annual, and other scheduled EMR reports for Mental Health program;
- In collaboration with the Mental Health Mentor, report encountered problems in data entry, identify EMR-related areas of improvement for the Mental Health program and work with Mental Health Program Manager and HIS District Coordinator to provide relevant solutions.
- Function as the first-line technical support and contact for Mental Health EMR software troubleshooting.
- At least A1 degree and 2 years of experience working with clinical data. Or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of EMR data entry and MS Excel, or equivalent;
- Ability to easily adapt to changing data entry protocols in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to efficiently work with data, produce and present reports;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate in Kinyarwanda, French and English;
- Ability to work in a team as well as working individually with minimal direction.
How to apply
Apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/pih/job/ooLj9fwl/apply
Formore information,please visit https://www.pih.org/pages/employment?p=job/ooLj9fwl&nl=1