MHC training for journalists
Media High Council (MHC) would like to invite eligible and interested media practitioners to to apply for Rwanda Media training planned from February to March 2019
The government of Rwanda’s vision is to create a media industry that is competitive and one that truly serves the needs of the citizens through quality programming and content.
The Media High Council (MHC), a statutory institution, created under the Official Gazette N°10 of 11 March 2013, is mandated with the cardinal responsibility of building the capacity of the Media sector in Rwanda. In the process of implementing its mandate, MHC would like to invite eligible and interested media practioners who fulfil the following criteria to submit their applications on the following training scheduled in February and March 2019.
- Enable media capacity on Environment protection reporting
- Provide capacity to Programming managers on periodical program development (TV, Radio)
- Agriculture reporting
- Human security issues reporting
- Training of female journalists on storytelling and writing through Social media (Only females)
- The motivation words explaining in brief reason why you need a selected training (describing what motivates you to apply for the selected training, expectations, what will be the added value to your personal performance and to your media outlet in general);
- Having a valid press card from RMC;
- Recommendation letter from his/her active media house registered at RMC/RURA;
- A copy /link for article produced on requested training within 3 months ago;
- Having filled MHC questionnaire for journalists requesting for training.
The applications should have been submitted not later than Friday, 25th January 2019 at 5 PM prompt and must be made electronically on only one selected training via a complete online application form available on the MHC website: www.mhc.gov.rw or https://goo.gl/forms/vH71yTNkad5bw0eL2. Late applications will be rejected.