Senior IP Core Engineer
KT Rwanda Networks, Ltd (“KTRN Ltd”) is a licensed company that has been incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda. The company is engaged in the business of providing & installing 4G LTE advanced technology within Rwanda.
In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives, KTRN Ltd is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Position: Senior IP Core Engineer (1):
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design, develop and deploy engineering solutions for IP network improvement, upgrade, and expansion.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network team leader on network optimization.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and international traffic, using information from multiple sources.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Supporting and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects.
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment and basic configuration of firewalls.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation and complaints.
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within the NOC and PE Nodes.
- Liaising with project management teams, junior engineers and NOC Operators engineers on a regular basis as well as build their capacity.
- Provide IP network support of new and existing services and features.
- Administration of Core Network management operations support systems.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Linux/Windows Network Management Systems and propose new solution if needed.
- Ensure SLA with customers are met.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Competencies required:.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer science, Telecom Engineering or related field.
- Professional certifications in CISCO, Juniper and Linux will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field of operation.
- Technical knowledge of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, VPNS, and Firewall is a must.
- Knowledge in Juniper, CISCO and Linux is a must.
- Knowledge about network monitoring tools is a must.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters accompanied with their CVs and copies of certified Degree(s) on line addressed to the Human Resources management of KTRN, located at KG 7 Avenue, 7th Kigali Heights, to the below email:
The deadline for submission of applications is scheduled on Wednesday 22/02/2019 at 5:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.