Transport Safety Senior Engineer Job at Rwanda Transport Development Agency - Career Opportunity in Rwanda
Transport Safety Senior Engineer
Rwanda Transport Development Agency
Deadline of this Job:
22nd March 2019
Kigali , Rwanda , East Africa , 00250 , RW
Date Posted: 19th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: RWF , Value: 500000 , Minimum: 350000 , Maximum: 1500000 , Period: MONTH
The transport Safety Senior Engineer is in charge of following and monitoring the issues related to road safety on Rwandan Road network.
Reporting: The Transport Safety Senior Engineer reports to the Division Manager of Transport Management Unit..
• Identification and collection of existing road safety information in both paved and unpaved road network
• Preparing network referencing and inventories (i.e. road furniture age, as built data, rehabilitation, and upgrading history)
• Prepare the classification of road safety categories in terms of type and function
• Prepare proposed limits for the road safety performance indicator (i.e. trigger level for intervention, vertical sign illumination, shading off horizontal marking, black spots, bridge protection, and any other hazardous features.
• Propose road safety development by means of new installation, rehabilitation or upgrading, whilst ensuring that all National road networks conform to acceptable standards of road safety.
• Ensure that road safety audits are carried out in the entire network including road safety features such as road horizontal and vertical signs and necessary traffic calming features
• Ensure the development and regular updating of specifications to keep RTDA in the forefront of technological improvements and innovation.
• Establish the framework wherein all division feed in data for the road safety planning and management. The data include; investigation, survey, design, construction, rehabilitation, maintenance
• Liaise with Department of Traffic police for collection of accident data and processing it for road network inventory. Ensure that past and future data are processed for inclusion in a network management System to be used for the planning and implementation of road design, rehabilitation and construction works.
• Review and submit five
o year road safety and environmental network development plans and rolling plans for paved and unpaved roads and recommend programs & budgets for roads construction, upgrading and rehabilitation.
• Ensure that all designs and other services carried out by consultants and in
o House staff are properly reviewed, checked and maintained in respect of meeting all the road safety standards in accordance with the defined procedures.
• Identify and develop road safety database for network management system
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
• Deep understanding of Government policies implementation;
• Road safety guidelines, laws and policies,
• High analytical skills;
• Coordination, planning and organizational skills,
• Report writing and presentation skills;
• Leadership skills;
• Computer Literacy ;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Effective communication skills;
• Administrative skills;
• Time management skills;
• Team working skills;
• Understanding of national, regional and international contexts oftransport safety;
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Road Engineering & Construction, Civil Infrastructure Engineering, Transportation Engineering or Road Safety Management with 3 years of relevant working experience or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Road Engineering & Construction, Civil Infrastructure Engineering, Transportation Engineering or Road Safety Management.
Job application procedure